PDO Pesto Genovese is our specialty, made only with PDO basil from Genoa, our pesto is fresh and 100% natural and it has a shelf life of 18 months. This is a contributing factor to why our pesto has been the best seller product for 35 years and sold in over 26 countries worldwide. Over the years we have created a White, Red and Black version of this product: we drew inspiration from our family's recipes, using only the best seasonal products available.
The love of experimenting with different flavours led us to create a Pesto made with Rocket from Piana di Albenga and another made from Red and Yellow Peppers blended with Ricotta cheese. This resulted in a successful product that also inspired the other Delicate Pestos.
We produce different kinds of Italian pesto:
- Pesto alla genovese: made according to the traditional cold-preparation recipe, with fresh Genovese DPO basil, extra virgin olive oil, pine nuts and parmesan
- Red pesto: zesty recipe where sun-dried tomatoes are added to the traditional pesto with a pinch of hot pepper
- White pesto: old family recipe in which minced artichoke hearts are added to the pesto
- Black pesto: from grandmothers recipe book, and original mixture of pesto and black olives
- Pesto alla rucola: fresh rocket from the plains of Albenga in extra virgin olive oil
- Pesto ai peperoni: clourful and flavourful alternative made with red and yellow bell peppers and ricotta cheese)
- Delicate sun-dried tomatoes & ricotta pesto: a well-balanced mix between the Mediterranean flavour of sun-dried tomatoes and the sweetness of ricotta cheese
- Delicate black olive & ricotta pesto: ricotta cheese melted on warm pasta, giving the black olives a surprising delicacy
Pesto with genovese basil PDO